Sender:Kathy Wheeler
Date/Time:2008-May-30 22:47:00
Subject:Re: Non Profit or Subsidise

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Non Profit or Subsidise Kathy Wheeler 2008-May-30 22:47:00
On 30/05/2008, at 9:56 PM, Erik Krause wrote:
> There is a paragraph in german copyright
> law which allows the usage and display of artists work (even without
> their consent) if no profit is made and the entrance is free of
> charge.

How does that sit with those commissioned works licenced only for a
single purpose? A number of our people have had to get special
permissions for their panos or subjects to be used in the WWP. Any
other usage, "free" or otherwise, is in breach of those agreements
and could cause a lot of trouble.

KathyW.