Sender:Serge Maandag
Date/Time:2008-Sep-27 08:25:00
Subject:Re: could one english-american native speaker correct my notes?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: could one english-american native speaker correct my notes? Serge Maandag 2008-Sep-27 08:25:00
Well, I'm neither a native English speaker nor a native German speaker,
but I think I see some room for improvement (or I might make it worse than
it was):

> During many years, until the seventies, Capella Hospitalis was a place
> of death. Deseased were laid out here and last blessed. Pathologie
> department was situated in an adjacent building beside. Designed by the
> artist Elisabeth Mas? (http://www.elisabeth-mase.de), today the chapel
> conveys more than fate, tragedy and sorrow.

until the seventies = up until the seventies
Deseased = Deceased
last blessed = sounds weird to me.
Pathologie = The pathology
adjacent building beside = adjacent building
I would move "today the chapel" to the start of the last sentence.

> The orange coating should symbolise the evening and morning sun. A
> sustained situation of coming and going. The slowly changing colours,
> from yellow to violet-blue on the matt window faces accomplish a kind of
> "breath". No end of the line anymore, but beginning and end at the same
> time. The fluteplayer is me. To the changing colours of the
> light-installation, I play with changing breath different colours of
> sound.

should symbolise = symbolizes
The slowly changing colours, from yellow to violet-blue = The colors,
slowly changing from yellow to violet-blue
colours = (don't want to spark up the English/American debate again:))
matt = frosted (or semi opaque)
fluteplayer = flute player
To the changing = Towards the changing (?)

> The paper-strip installation in the apsis was made by the artist
> Veronica Radulovic (http://www.radulovic.org/).

As mentioned, you probably mean apse.

> Die Insatallation in der Apsis ist von der K?nstlerin Veronica Radulovic
> (http://www.radulovic.org/)

Insatallation = Installation

> thanks
> Eckart Sch?nlau