Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2009-Jun-30 07:25:00
Subject:Re: QTVR to Flash switch-over

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: QTVR to Flash switch-over Pat Swovelin 2009-Jun-30 07:25:00
On 6/29/2009 9:49 PM, Uri Cogan's hamster got loose on the keyboard and
typed ...:

>> Because you still had Quicktime selected, so there was nothing to show.
> Aha! thanks. So now I tried to disable QuickTime *before* accessing the
> preview page - and the panorama opened up in Flash. This is just what I
> was looking for.

Great.

>> Plus you don't want to disable Quicktime because it'll effect all of the
>> other sites you go that that still use it (that's a serious amount of
>> sites).
> Yes, I'm aware of that. I'm also aware that many people don't have
> QuickTime installed, and that QuickTime support for panoramas seems to
> be dwindling, so I'm slowly converting the panoramas on my own web site
> to switch *automatically* from QuicktTime to Flash.

It already doesn't work in Vista 64-bit (and probably won't work in
Windows7 64-bit) and rumor has it that QTVR files won't work at all in
Quicktime X (but we won't know that for certain until it's released).

For all intents and purposes Quicktime is dead as a panorama display engine.

Would this help?  http://tinyurl.com/pywmge      =8^)

> Thanks again!

My pleasure.

> Uri.