Sender:Yahoo Account
Date/Time:2010-Jun-30 16:41:00
Subject:Re: Error: too large single image!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Error: too large single image! Yahoo Account 2010-Jun-30 16:41:00
I remember Quicktime 7.6.4 all too well - it has a bug that keeps "scale to fit" from working properly *only if* the QTVR needs to be made smaller than its original playback size (which would result in "no display at all").
I guess that's why I can't replicate the bug here at home on several machines (they're all system 10.5 with QT 7.6.6), but I saw it at work (where I sit at a G5 with 10.4.11). I'll try it on my old laptop (G4) which also has 10.4.11 and the last Quicktime that Apple published for that system.

Basically, what Quicktime seems to get wrong is the "sensitive area" where it should respond to mouse events. I *hope* I can work around that, especially in light that Apple has end-of-life'd 10.4 and will most likely never again bring out a Quicktime update for it.

-Markus