Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2004-Sep-21 13:22:00
Subject:Re: From Los Angeles

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: From Los Angeles Hans Nyberg 2004-Sep-21 13:22:00
On Sep 21, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Chuck Denny wrote:

>   I was hoping to see the birds up close but for some reason the full
> screen
>  version would not load on my Mac, Explorer V5.2

Thats because Bo uses an absolutely "NO NO" way of opening the
fullscreens
Leaving a Java applet running with an auto rotation behind does not
work in many browsers on Mac and probably not on low end windows
systems.
Even in Safari on my Powerbook 17 It can freeze the system when you
open the fullscreen.

Even small Java applets like this uses more computer force than a
Fullscreen QTVR.
And they can block completely all other activities.

So never use any type of activity on pages where yo open a fullscreen
from.
This also includes animations in Flash or smaller QTVR which includes
both autorotation and sound.
There are several examples from the old WWP which gives you a
fullscreen with a very bad performance.
Including  auto rotation on both the small version and fullscreen is
not very good if you leave both open.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer