Sender:prague
Date/Time:2012-Mar-23 09:20:00
Subject:Re: cool new smartphone remote for SLR cameras $50

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: cool new smartphone remote for SLR cameras $50 prague 2012-Mar-23 09:20:00

Luca, with all respect, you're talking garbage :-D Really, i thought this would be just the kind of thing you'd love.

I can't fit a netbook in my pocket.
I always do have my smartphone in my pocket. Even if I want another one just for controlling a camera, i can get one for $99 without contract. Netbook? no way.

Of course, ALL this stuff should be in the firmware, should have been for 10 years. But it's not, and it won't be, because the camera manufacturers are completely unwilling to accomodate such things, or even allow the possibility of 3rd party development of firmware (unless you hack it)

oh, can you stick a netbook to your SLR using velcro? yeah i didn't think so :-P