Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2012-Jul-08 20:29:00
Subject:Re: cool new smartphone remote for SLR cameras $50

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: cool new smartphone remote for SLR cameras $50 Erik Krause 2012-Jul-08 20:29:00
Am 26.03.2012 01:14, schrieb luca vascon:
> We will not let you alone. I'm a bit rusty with wiki controls, I'll ask
> your help.

Here it is:

http://wiki.panotools.org/Extended_bracketing_control

Most of it's content is based on google searches, so please don't blame
me for false claims or missing information. If you have experience with
a certain device, program or app please correct or add information. The
page isn't much more than a draft.

What surprised me most was that I can't remember reading a comment here
about the two Android apps that claim to use USB host mode on a
smartphone or tablet to directly control a camera - not the usual bulb
mode bracketing or intermediate PC which the I-devices use.

And it was new to me also that finally there is an arduino project to
control the camera via USB host.

According to the gphoto page at http://gphoto.org/proj/ DigiKam uses
libgphoto "for importing photos and for capture". However, I didn't find
how to do it in the windows version (which is not the most resent one).

Please contribute

--
Erik Krause
http://www.erik-krause.de