Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2004-Nov-06 01:11:00
Subject:Re: Sticking to QuickTime?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Sticking to QuickTime? Landis 2004-Nov-06 01:11:00
Aldo's SPi-V viewer is absolutely amazing and I'm sure will
revolutionize 'immersive' imagery.  I look forward to seeing it's
continued development and hope to be using it as well as QTVR for my
own work in the near future.

For now, however, we're going to stick with QuickTime only in order
to maximize the publicity of VR without incurring extra complexity
for the project or the visitors to the site.  There are numerous
benefits that QuickTime provides and I feel that the decision to stay
with QuickTime only for the near future of this project is in all of
our best interests.

Perhaps in the future we'll offer a special gallery featuring SPi-V
content by WWP participants.  Or maybe a second full-screen with
SPi-V content for those of you who are so inclined.  I'm definitely
interested in discussing this further with Aldo.

-Landis