Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2005-Jan-14 22:15:00
Subject:Re: Need advice on new camera.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Need advice on new camera. Robert C. Fisher 2005-Jan-14 22:15:00
On Jan 14, 2005, at 12:02 PM, Roberto Gomez Torres wrote:

> Hello pals,
>
> I need your advice here.
> Finally I have the money to upgrade my Nikon Coolpix 995.
>
> But I am not sure which camera to buy.
> I am between the Nikon D70 and the Fuji S2 Pro and will be using a
> Nikon
> Mount Sigma EX 8mm fisheye lens.

I have a Fuji S2Pro, great camera but very old by todays Digi Camera
standards. If you need to shoot teathered then the S2 would be a good
choice but if you are doing normal shooting (panos) I would go for the
Nikon D70, much less noise and very light. The Nikon is less expensive,
you can get the D70 for under $1000US by shopping. The S2 is still over
$2000US. The only problem with the D70 is remote shutter release, it
uses IR which isn't so hot but you can get a wired remote port
installed by Habourtronics  for around $200US that allows you to use a
simple wired remote that costs around $20.

> I know some people on the list has both cameras or had used them like
> Jook.
> Please tell me which one gives me better features and better image
> quality
> for making spherical panoramas and family - Vacations pictures.
>
> Or maybe some one know of a new camera in that price range coming soon
> ?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
> Roberto G?mez Torres
> Tiempo Digital