Sender:Scott Rowed
Date/Time:2005-Jan-17 07:11:00
Subject:Re: Need advice on new camera.

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Need advice on new camera. Scott Rowed 2005-Jan-17 07:11:00
Roberto,

I've had a Fuji S2 Pro for about 2 1/2 years and the D70 about 6
months. Since I bought the D70 I haven't taken a single shot with
the S2, but just keep it for a backup camera. When my D2X arrives
I'll be selling the S2 and using the D70 as a backup and panoramic
camera. At the time it came on the market the S2 was a good choice
but now it's showing its age and I find the D70 better in just about
every way - shooting speed, shutter response time, flash synch,
flash accuracy, high ISO quality, autofocus and viewfinder.

If your purpose if strictly a scenic camera the S2 is good, but if
you need it for other purposes as well, the D70 is much better. If
you need fill flash, flash at high ISO, good autofocus, fast
response times, go with the D70. The S2 just doesn't work well in
those situations. For candid shots like family there is really no
comparison.

I really like working with raw files, especially for tricky lighting
situations. The D70, with raw files averaging around 5.5 mb,
encourages a raw workflow. The S2 has 12 mb raw files, filling up
your cards much faster and thus making it more likely you'll stick
with jpegs. Just about every fisheye lens has visible chromatic
aberration. If you shoot raw you can completely eliminate this with
ACR. You'll also get the advantage of ACR's control over white
balance, color noise reduction and increased dynamic range.

Regards,
Scott

--- In #removed#, "Roberto Gomez Torres" <#removed#>
wrote:
> Hello pals,
>
> I need your advice here.
> Finally I have the money to upgrade my Nikon Coolpix 995.
>
> But I am not sure which camera to buy.
> I am between the Nikon D70 and the Fuji S2 Pro and will be using a
Nikon