Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2005-Mar-10 20:48:00
Subject:Re: WWPano & The Concept not the tech Side

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWPano & The Concept not the tech Side Landis 2005-Mar-10 20:48:00
>Ok, I do realise that many of the members are
>professionals with all the gear etc., and doinf
>smthg like bridges is easy enough to achieve (as
>long as you have a bridge).
>
>My general prob is that I do not have *2,000+
>(?1,200/ $2,500) worth of lenses and just have
>the basics - a camera with normal lenses. That's
>ok with bridges but not in a dynamic 3D
>situation as market places, where you can end up
>with the same person in every shoot therefore
>messing up you stiching.

Not having the most advanced equipment certainly
shouldn't keep anyone from being able to
participate.  Handheld with a regular point and
shoot digital camera and a copy of a PanoTools
GUI should get you going pretty well.

While I would prefer to keep overtly political
commentary off this list, I did do a couple
panoramas at peace marches a while back.  Lots of
people, lots of movement.  Olympus 3 megapixel
point and shoot on a monopod with only a basic
wide angle adapter - this same technique would
work without the WA adapter.

http://360geographics.com/Peace/BartSceneM.mov 620k

http://360geographics.com/Peace/TruthfulBushM.mov 660k

-Landis