Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-Sep-26 06:54:00
Subject:Re: help! my file is too large

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: help! my file is too large Markus Altendorff 2005-Sep-26 06:54:00
northwest_omnipresence wrote:

> Looks
> great at 10 mb. Not so great at 2 mb. I have the source photos
> still. I have the original panorama still.

That's good - if all else fails, i'd be happy to help you out with the conversion.

> Are these the only two resources available for converting jpgs into
> quicktime MOV's? At the Apple website, the QTVR authoring suite is a
> bit pricy at 400-500 dollars simply to participate in this global
> project.

 From this i assume you're using a Mac? In that case, there's MakeQTVRPanorama2 (a
freeware drag-and-drop converter for Cylindricals from Apple), but very well hidden:

http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/
(last entry at "QTVR Tools":
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Quicktime/Tools/QTVR/QTVRMakePanorama2.sit...

Also, MakeCubic (for cubic/equirectangular source panoramas) is there (first entry
at "QTVR Tools")
ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Quicktime/Tools/QTVR/MakeCubic_v1.1.6.sit

As for Windows-based solutions... sorry, dunno...

-Markus

P.S.: Stay away from the Authoring Suite, unless you really know that you need it -
it's never seen an update beyond the 1.01 bugfix, and that was in the last
millennium :)