Sender:northwest_omnipresence
Date/Time:2005-Sep-26 12:38:00
Subject:Re: help! my file is too large

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: help! my file is too large northwest_omnipresence 2005-Sep-26 12:38:00
Markus Altendorff wrote:
> From this i assume you're using a Mac? In that case, there's
MakeQTVRPanorama2 (a
> freeware drag-and-drop converter for Cylindricals from Apple), but
very well hidden:

Actually Markus, I use a PC. Windows OS. Still looking for a QTVR
converter.

Thanks for the tip about the QTVR authoring suite. I like the idea
of being able to work with the "cubic" image for tourism purposes.
Adding floorplans, maps, audio, text, hotspots, position locators
etc. I have found a Java solution which I really like using from
www.easypano.com but its price rivals that of the QTVR authoring
suite.

sean.

the only detriment to using Java versus QTVR seems to be the lack of
a "full-screen" view. As far as plug ins go, Java seems to be
installed on more computers as a factory default setting than
QuickTime.

--- In #removed#, "Markus Altendorff" <#removed#>
wrote:
> northwest_omnipresence wrote:
> >
> > Looks
> > great at 10 mb. Not so great at 2 mb. I have the source photos
> > still. I have the original panorama still.
>
> That's good - if all else fails, i'd be happy to help you out with
the conversion.

> > Are these the only two resources available for converting jpgs
into
> > quicktime MOV's? At the Apple website, the QTVR authoring suite
is a
> > bit pricy at 400-500 dollars simply to participate in this global
> > project.
>
> From this i assume you're using a Mac? In that case, there's
MakeQTVRPanorama2 (a
> freeware drag-and-drop converter for Cylindricals from Apple), but
very well hidden:

> http://developer.apple.com/quicktime/quicktimeintro/tools/
> (last entry at "QTVR Tools":

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Quicktime/Tools/QTVR/QTVRMakePanorama2.
sit.hqx

> Also, MakeCubic (for cubic/equirectangular source panoramas) is
there (first entry
> at "QTVR Tools")

ftp://ftp.apple.com/developer/Quicktime/Tools/QTVR/MakeCubic_v1.1.6.s
it