Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-Oct-07 14:10:00
Subject:Re: Question on sound

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Question on sound Markus Altendorff 2005-Oct-07 14:10:00
Craig Busch wrote:
> Sound seems to be a big question on this project.  If I wanted to add a
> simple sound effect t to play with my panorama, how do I get the sound file
> into the format that can be uploaded onto the site?

To add a soundtrack, you'll have to either add it to the
panorama itself, or create a sound-only quicktime movie.
Since Quicktime supports a lot of format (including
compressed sound like MP3), that should be manageable.
You'll need Quicktime Pro for this. I suggest starting with
a sound file that is already compressed, e.g. an MP3 from a
portable recorder. Then it's easy:
- open the sound file in Quicktime
- "Save as" - check the "self-contained" option.
- upload that file.
- done.

-Markus