Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-Oct-07 15:25:00
Subject:Re: Sound Not Working

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Sound Not Working Markus Altendorff 2005-Oct-07 15:25:00
Caroling Geary wrote:
> Did you notice that your sound is automatically played at 30%? I
> wondered at first why I couldn't hear my crickets last summer. They
> were there, but practically inaudible. Maybe it depends on the power
> of your speakers and your ears. I have to adjust the sound louder to
> hear the wind sounds on your page.

Ah, that's "sort of legacy" from the Water event - most
Water ambient sounds were so loud that it was almost
impossible to look at the WWP website at the office ;) (or
while the computer plays back some background music, which
is typically NOT using the maximum dynamic range available),
so to avoid shock effects we decided to cap the initial
volume, esp. since the main focus is on the panoramas. This
does obviously not work too well if the ambient sound effect
itself is rather subtle. Sorry...

-Markus