Sender:Markus Altendorff
Date/Time:2005-Oct-07 18:57:00
Subject:Re: Sound Not Working

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Sound Not Working Markus Altendorff 2005-Oct-07 18:57:00
Richard Crowest wrote:
> --- In #removed#, Caroling Geary <#removed#> wrote:
>
>>Did you notice that your sound is automatically played at 30%?
>

> Yes, I did notice. This applies to any sound you put in the pano
> itself, too.
>
> I'd still appreciate any comments on the sound that's triggered by
> hotspots in my contribution - too quiet? The version on my site
> doesn't have the parameters/attributes in the HTML object/embed tags,
> so the sound's at about 100%, not 30. I may not have time to change it
> now, but you can still let me know for future reference:
>
> <http://corvidae.co.uk/panoramas/fudge.html>

Interesting! I didn't notice that there are hot spots with
sound before. The sound does seem rather quiet - i had to
turn up my speakers to about 1/3rd (usually, i don't go
higher than 1/6th if playing background music). The one
where he's barking is audible, the one where he's jumping
was more quiet, and the third where he carries that red ...
something ;) ... sounds like some technical noise (a distant
stamping press or something) and is rather faint.

Did you try running the sounds through a normalizing filter
to, well, normalize the levels?

-Markus