Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Oct-12 20:44:00
Subject:Re: selecting, copying, pasting images into source pano

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: selecting, copying, pasting images into source pano Erik Krause 2005-Oct-12 20:44:00
Am Wednesday, October 12, 2005 um 6:33 schrieb Caroling Geary:

> ?1. Has to do with selection, that is, in a graphics program, what
> are the techniques for selecting the actor image? Do you use the
> magnetic lasso? Wand? Some other technique? Are these methods
> described in Photoshop help?

It's just painting layer masks...

> ?2. I suppose you paste each actor into a base photo of that view
> before stitching. Or do you stitch each separate pano and then cut
> and paste from each source?

I have done it too, but decided not to submit it, since it already
appears often: http://pano.erik-krause.de/energy/ (th second one).

It's simple. Shoot as many frames as you like, with your pano head
either in one position or even panned and tilted in between (around
the nodal point of course). Stitch them all using panotools and
output as layered PSD. Paint layer masks to reveal/hide what you want
or want not to show (Don't know whether Realviz is able to do it).
It's more or less the same as editing the overlap for moving
subjects.

> Has this topic been covered on some other list?

Most probably on the panotools list (at yahoo, too). There was a pano
some time ago showing a landing paraglider in several stages of
motion:
http://tristanshu.free.fr/Parapente.biz/060-Qtvr/Faf-LQ.html (small)
http://tristanshu.free.fr/Parapente.biz/060-Qtvr/Faf.html (large)

The message in the list:
Subject:	Parapente, action, sequence and QTVR...
Date sent:	Thu, 26 May 2005 01:03:14

> Can you point me to such discussions? It really isn't about the WWP
> per se, but I don't know what other forum would be more appropriate.

> The warping of time into 360 degree warped space is getting really
> interesting.

Yes, indeed...

best regards
--