Sender:Andy Leffler
Date/Time:2005-Oct-28 02:09:00
Subject:Re: Next Event

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Next Event Andy Leffler 2005-Oct-28 02:09:00
Aloha,

On Oct 27, 2005, at 3:02 PM, yarwall wrote:

> My opinion only - I don't mind our next topic, but feel it misses
> the "original concept" of the WWP on a couple of points.
>
> 1. I really thought it was so unique to have a "snapshot" from all
> over the world that was captured around the same time.
>
> 2. Yes, cold and snow may limit some people with themes. But part of
> the fun is to be creative and find ways to meet the theme's context.
> We have had some very creative solutions to our themes.

I agree with this. I say stick with the original concept. I am
strictly an amateur, which means my best would probably be a
throwaway if done by a pro (but I am getting better with each shot).
A lot of the fun is in selecting a subject that obeys the theme
guidelines. There are plenty of those that could be done in the
winter (summer, south of the equator), to wit:

1-Public Art
2-Bars and/or Restaurants
3-People
4-Transportation