Sender:Thomas Rauscher
Date/Time:2005-Dec-18 22:57:00
Subject:Re: Editing older contributions GPS data

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Editing older contributions GPS data Thomas Rauscher 2005-Dec-18 22:57:00
Hello Erik,

on Sunday, December 18, 2005, 20:26:34 you wrote:

EK> I reviewed my older contributions (vie Google Earth ;-) and found
EK> that for "World heritage" I entered the wrong GPS coordinates. Should
EK> be 47?59'44"N, 7?51'10"E

EK> Is it possible to somehow correct that?

EK> The solar energy houses by Reinhard Schmolze are wrong too: They
EK> should be at 47?58'30"N, 7?49'44"E not at 47?38'30"N, 7?49'44"E (a
EK> typo I suppose)

I corrected them in my file, but I have also around 50 corrections
from the google earth community. The whole file is very popular
(around 30.000 downloads on the BBS site, and around 4.000 from my
site). To: Landis/Don can I send you these corrections?

Unfortunately the list was kicked out of the official google earth
community layer. I think because of all the GPS errors.

It would be interesting to know the plans for WWP and google earth
because there is now a beta version for Mac available, and this was
the main reason for not supporting it.

MfG,
     Thomas.