Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Dec-20 13:01:00
Subject:Re: Editing older contributions GPS data

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Editing older contributions GPS data Erik Krause 2005-Dec-20 13:01:00
Am Tuesday, December 20, 2005 um 11:24 schrieb Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock:

> Does anybody knows why there is such diference between Google Earth
> and Multimap when you enter the same coordinates from one to the
> other?.

Google Earth is not very precise. They integrated data and images
from different sources that are badly aligned. If you activate
"routes" you often can see that the route is not there where it is
shown in the image, country borders that are middle of a river (like
the rhine between france and south west germany f.e.) are not aligned
with the river... There are even misalignments between adjacent
images.

> Also there are part in Google that are not map properly, I
> mean the data is very blured.

There are satelite images with lower resolution. Not all of the
surface of the earth is covered by high resolution air photographs...

best regards
--
Erik Krause
Offenburger Str. 33