Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2006-Jan-06 17:32:00
Subject:Re: Rules - What do we want to achieve from the WWP site?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Rules - What do we want to achieve from the WWP site? Caroling Geary 2006-Jan-06 17:32:00
On Jan 6, 2006, at 9:53 AM, John Fellers wrote:

> Centreofengland wrote:
>
>> Also I would have thought each entry should be a real location on
>> the planet and should exist in real life.
>
> Is this a common opinion of the group?

Not for this member of the group.

I can understand how people assume a QTVR to be a method of armchair
travel, because frankly that is how it has been most often used. But
that doesn't cover everything that can be done in the medium. In
fact, the greatest argument for allowing imaginative use of the
medium is to help people see the possibilities of communication that
can take place. For me the greatest value of WWP is worldwide
communication through the medium of QTVR. In my view, the current
rules support variety of concept.

Caroling Geary
www.wholeo.net