Sender:Milko Amorth
Date/Time:2006-Jan-07 13:09:00
Subject:Re: Rules - What do we want to achieve from the WWP site?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Rules - What do we want to achieve from the WWP site? Milko Amorth 2006-Jan-07 13:09:00
Hi all,
As Caroling puts it into perspective or better in retospective: This was
the reason this site has been established and headed by peers of the
industry:

> For me the greatest value of WWP is worldwide
> communication through the medium of QTVR. In my view, the current
> rules support variety of concept.

It is also stated on the home page of #removed#:

This is a non-profit project, intended to promote VR photography, provide
a showcase for the work of VR photographers, and promote cross-linking of
sites featuring VR photography.

It says all to me. That is why I have joined in to support that cause. I
have been a member since day one and still support this cause with that
single constitution.

This need for such a site arose out of discussions and meetings at the
IQTVRA summit in Washington October 2003. I have been there and we all
talked about VR Photography and its need of recognition and awareness.
Brave people like Landis, Don & Kat and later on Markus and others took
the talk to action!
A wrinkle in time as the template has evolved to something great......yet
only to be limited by a few now because of their interpretation of VR
photography? No.
Whether real subjects, artificial subjects, panoramas or objects it is all
the same idea: Virtual Photography.
It does not really matter whether you paint light with your lens or in
cyberspace to capture a scene or an object. It is virtually created and
presented. That presentation has yet to find its audience and the audience
makes it what it is. At the end they will make or break this brand.
Personally I do prefer photo realistic VR as I am sure many of us do. That
does not make CAD VR any less attractive. Some products or environments do
not yet exsist to take photo realistic impressions of it. They are still a
vision. Often a vision yet to be sold to be realized with the aid of new
media such as VR.

This Art and Industry yet fails to explain in plain words to what it is.
We are all struggling with it, I am sure of that. Every time I try i get
different responses, but when I show and let them interact with it i get
that uhh...ahhh...now i get it reaction. But there is light at the end of
the tunnel. This wwp and other venues are the reason for this change. A VR
is way more than words can say. Do not start to limit its possibilities.
Keep at it with all the ideas you have on your mind. It will evolve. It
will find its stake in the media industry sooner or later.

Hey, the other day I saw a tourism commercial of Cyprus on CNN
International during the Larry King Show......It was awesome ...it was
impressive...hardly any words spoken.....just 360 video and paning
panoramas. That is how it starts. Just hope other viewers liked it as
well:-)

Cheers, Milko