Sender:John Fellers
Date/Time:2006-Jan-06 15:53:00
Subject:RE: Rules - What do we want to achieve from the WWP site?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: RE: Rules - What do we want to achieve from the WWP site? John Fellers 2006-Jan-06 15:53:00
Centreofengland wrote:

>Also I would have thought each entry should be a real location on
>the planet and should exist in real life.

Is this a common opinion of the group? My last two contributions are actual
360 x 180 panos of real locations, but, in an effort to add interest they
were heavily manipulated in PS. My 'Energy' effort, taken in context with
current events (the Iraq Occupation and the Gulf Hurricanes) was an attempt
to show 'energy' as a powerful, almost out of control force of nature and
economics; a subjective view of course, but I did not feel that I violated
any rules. Obviously the two giant dancing figures were not at that location
at that time (they do exist in real life.)

Stitched panoramas can not capture a single moment in time. Each image used
to stitch the final pano is a separate 'time slice.'  My current entry took
that concept a little further; it was an attempt to not only show a location
in the present, but place it in historical context by faking a little piece
of the past-nothing ground breaking, the techniques used are commonly seen
in other venues.

Do these efforts fit within the current interpretation of the Rules?

At any rate perhaps the old saying is true; it's better to ask for
forgiveness rather than permission .

Regards

John H. Fellers

www.mediatek360.com