Sender:Ingemar Bergmark
Date/Time:2007-Jan-25 17:28:00
Subject:WARNING(virus check bypassed): Re: The 18th Arabian Gulf Cup Football Tournament - Abu Dhabi

wwp@yahoogroups.com: WARNING(virus check bypassed): Re: The 18th Arabian Gulf Cup Football Tournament - Abu Dhabi Ingemar Bergmark 2007-Jan-25 17:28:00
--- In #removed#, Aleksandar Janicijevic
<aleksandar.janicijevic@...> wrote:

> This issue, no female spectators, should be explained by the author.
> What is his vision of this situation, and of course, we do not need
> official stand point of the United Arab Emirates. What is he
> promoting and is he promoting anything?! Do we, as a site that
should
> unite the world, should promote this separation?
> Aleksandar Janicijevic

This thread is very off-topic, and normally I wouldn't reply to this
kind of message, but in this case I feel I have to.

I lived in Saudi Arabia for 7 years, and have therefore experienced the
warm arabian culture and have many arab friends in Saudi, UAE and
Bahrain.

In many parts of the world we will find cultures that behave
differently than the one we grew up in and are used to. We have no
right to demand explanations or say that another culture is "wrong"
just because it's different.
I think it is important to remember this fact before posting comments,
and also remembering that this is not the place to discuss/question
political/cultural issues.

Regards,
Ingemar Bergmark
http://bergmark.com