Sender:Pat Swovelin
Date/Time:2007-Jan-25 03:42:00
Subject:Re: WARNING(virus check bypassed): Re: The 18th Arabian Gulf Cup Football Tournament - Abu Dhabi

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WARNING(virus check bypassed): Re: The 18th Arabian Gulf Cup Football Tournament - Abu Dhabi Pat Swovelin 2007-Jan-25 03:42:00
Aleksandar Janicijevic wrote:
> This issue, no female spectators, should be explained by the author.
> What is his vision of this situation, and of course, we do not need
> official stand point of the United Arab Emirates. What is he
> promoting and is he promoting anything?! Do we, as a site that should
> unite the world, should promote this separation?

You people are making a mountain out of a molehill.  What you saw were
several panos (shot in a *small area* of a stadium with 60,000 people in
it) of a big-deal multi-national sports event in a foreign country that
Mahmood shot and proudly presented for you to look at.  It's not a
public hanging it's a public sports event.  Being upset about something
you saw, or didn't see, in it and thinking that he has an agenda and he
must explain himself *and* his culture to satisfy your pre-conceived
notions of what is "right" is the same as someone in his country seeing
a pano you shot at a topless beach (that's both legal and socially
accepted in your country) and complaining about your culture allowing
women to debase themselves by behaving like that either publically or
privately and you having the chutzpah to show it to everyone on this list.

This is a world-wide multi-cultural group of people and you need to take
that into consideration before you get all hot and bothered about
something you see, or don't see, here.

You should be glad to get a look at something that went on in an area of
the world you'll probably never get the chance to see personally.

What I'm saying is; if you don't want to know what's going on in the
nudist colony then don't look over the fence but if you do don't
complain about it.

> Aleksandar Janicijevic
>
> On 24-Jan-07, at 3:22 PM, Caroling Geary wrote:
>
>> I saw several baseball caps, different varieties of head gear,
>> including scarves, a head lamp, and even a bare head. But no women.

>>> very nice panorama's, Mahmood!
>>>
>>> There's one guy with a baseball cap. Is he progressive or
>> antisocial?
>>
>> Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net

Pat Swovelin
Cool Guy @ Large