Sender:yuval levy
Date/Time:2007-Jul-01 13:45:00
Subject:Re: Deadline Extension

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Deadline Extension yuval levy 2007-Jul-01 13:45:00
--- Keith Martin <#removed#> wrote:
> I'm afraid I won't be able to get mine done
> even with the extension.

That's sad! I would have loved to see yours as well.
And come on, you already did the biggest effort:
shooting! Why waste it?

With your input images and today's software it should
not take more than 15-30 minutes to stitch and put
online?

Don't let this community down! If you need help, put
your input images somewhere online and somebody from
the community will surely volunteer a stitch for you.

I might if I finish my self-set challenge in time. My
plan-B panorama is ready. It was done with the usual
suspects: Windows/PTgui/Photomatix.

Then I worked on my plan A, which is to use COMMUNITY
SOFTWARE (opensource):
* ubuntu replaced windows - successfully
* hugin replaced PTgui - successfully
* qtpfsgui replaced Photomatix - succesfully

I am still toying with the different tonemapping
algorithms and settings in qtpfsgui - it's amazing!

I have not been able to replace Photoshop in time, but
the beauty of community software is that everybody can
contribute to it (no need to be a programmer).

Yuv

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/