Sender:Gabi Haindl
Date/Time:2008-May-28 20:25:00
Subject:Correction of some dates - was: Re:Globorama: How big is the problem

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Correction of some dates - was: Re:Globorama: How big is the problem Gabi Haindl 2008-May-28 20:25:00
Seems some dates got mixed up in all the mails trying to summarize what
happened.

This is from my mail to the organisators of the WWP:
I noticed about that in autum last year when they presented this show and
others in the ZKM as PanoramaFestival (29.09.2007 - 16.03.2008) and a note
about that was in the german internet news of a computer journal.
(http://www.heise.de/newsticker/suche/ergebnis?rm=result;words=Globorama;...
loborama;url=/newsticker/meldung/96434/) The description was a bit weired,
so I had a look at the Globorama homepage (
http://www.zkm.de/panoramafestival/index.php?option=com_content&task...
=40&Itemid=83&lang=en ) and found the World Wide Panorama mentioned in a
small sentence: "... The project shows image material form the World Wide
Panorama Project."
(end of quote)

I went there the 19th of October 2007. Two days before the Globorama ended
as far as I know from the official flyer of the PanoramaFestival.

(again from the mail to the WWP organisators:)
...In Globorama you can navigate on a satellite map. The map pans as you
move the laserpointer. Marks are at the places where panoramas are
availiable and if you click on them, the panorama is directly opened, means
the projection switches from the satellite map to a static image of the
choosen panorama. You can not turn the panorama, but it is completely around
you, but only the small cylinder. The panoramas are displayed without any
WWP logo and without the pages of the WWP. the mark on the map has the
photographers name included, but that is all.
And as we expected, we found our own panoramas which we have made for
several WWPs and panoramas of other photographers from the WWP whom we know.
Tim Hatch (Denton, Texas) for example. Neither we nor Tim was asked for
permission.
(end of quote)

October 19th 2007 we (I came with my partner, also a member of the WWP
community) talked with Mr. Linterman in person. Some of the facts of that
talk: He has no permission from anyone of the WWP. We have been the first
ones who contacted him. And that would be the last time the Globorama would
be displayed ever.

The next things happened this year in April. Because I gave Mr. Linterman my
card I got a phonecall from Mrs. Petra Kaiser on April 16th 2008. She wanted
to know how to get in contact with all the photographers of the WWP because
the Globorama will continue to be shown. Again I told them about the mailing
list and the organisators of the WWP.
Searching the web after the call I found the next dates for the Globorama:
16.05.-25.05.08 	"Ideenpark" 2008, Stuttgart, Ausstellung von "Globorama"
02.10.- Ende 08 	"Biennale von Sevilla", Sevilla, Ausstellung von "Globorama
"
18.10.- 08.11.08 	"eLandscapes", eArts Festival, Shanghai, Ausstellung
"Globorama"

April 17th 2008 I wrote the mail to the four organisators of the WWP.

For the dates after that, have a look in Don's mail and then Willy's report
of his visit in Stuttgart.

So the first time the ZKM was definetely made aware of using the content of
the WWP without the permission of all the photographers was already in
October last year.

I am sorry that I haven't informed this list immediately after I saw the
Globorama in action.

And a note to Mr. Linterman: Despite the fact that you have my complete
postal adress, mail adress and phone number, I haven't gotten any of the
mails to the photographers from you.

Gabi Haindl
www.kugelblick.de