Sender:tflyfish2002
Date/Time:2005-Jan-21 02:59:00
Subject:Re: HOW TO GET STARTED?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: HOW TO GET STARTED? tflyfish2002 2005-Jan-21 02:59:00
I am new to the forum so I hope youyy will not mind me adding my 2
cents worth.
I have both PT gui and Realviz 4. I love Realviz for a number of
reasons, but first I will agree that due to the not so good
documentation it is hard to learn although Realviz have a number of
excellent onlione tutorials, the problem being that most of the
tutorials are for a older version and leave out some of the important
features of version 4
I shoot multirow pano's and boy it's nice to be able to zoom in on the
Editor window to get to close alignment, once this is done you hit
stitch and the image is stitched to it's partner. No need for lenghty
lens calibration, that is done very quickly and can be saved for
future use.
Were Realivz is really great is at the output stage, if you output to
QTVR cubes or movies, you can preview the output window and make any
changes to the QTVR setting to see how it looks, that's interactively,
Try doing that with PT..
Also 16 bit is no problem for Realviz, input or output (NOt QTVR
obviously)You can add hotspots as well.
Try the Realviz stencil function, this masks parts of any image that
you might want to lose of maybe keep. Although you can output directly
to Photoshop dynamically, there is hardly any need with stencils.

Do yourself a favor and download a copy. I don't think that it can
totally replace PT tools, but for most work it can.

Barry