Sender:k_nips
Date/Time:2006-Jun-09 11:49:00
Subject:Re: Garden details please

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Garden details please k_nips 2006-Jun-09 11:49:00
--- In #removed#, Hans Nyberg <hans@...> wrote:

> As you are posting here you have registred.
> There is no other registration until the preparation server is opened
> again for the submissions and this will of course not be until the
> event is started.
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong but everything looks very clear to me
> when I read the page
> http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/practical/NextEvent.html#theme
>
> It says
> > To get started we ask that you join our group and get on the mailing
> > list. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/ and sign up. You don't
> > need to be registered to participate in the event, but it is a good
> > way to keep up with what's going on
>
> You must have done that as you post here.
>
> Next stop is to upload when you made your panorama (after June 21)
> At that time the preparation server will be opened again.

> Hans

Hans,

This page

http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/practical/UploadEdit.html

says
________________________________________________________-
IF YOU DO NOT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT on the WWP Preparation Server,
go here to request one.

You will need to enter this basic information:

    * Your full name as it will be listed (e.g., Landis Bennett)
    * Your family name as it is sorted alphabetically (e.g., Bennett)
    * Desired password (or let the system suggest one for you)
    * Your contact email address - we won't make this one public.

Then click the "Sign me up" button and wait for one of us to email you
your logon information.

It looks to me that having an account with the Yahoo Group is not the
same as having an account with upload priviledges on the WWP server. I
realise that you can't upload at present as submissions are not being
accepted yet.

But like Mike, I've been trying to register an account with the WWP
server so that I can upload when submissions are open, and I haven't
been able to do that. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Cheers,

Steven