Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2006-Oct-11 01:16:00
Subject:Re: Compositions and My Contribution

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Compositions and My Contribution Roger D. Williams 2006-Oct-11 01:16:00
On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 08:57:46 +0900, Milko Amorth <#removed#> wrote:

> Hi Guillaume,

>> Back to composition, did you guys see Yoshiyuki Kaneko last
>> contribution ? Awesome !

> Do you think this was shot on September 24th?. It sure looks like a
> summer
> shot to me. Guessing by the flowers and  bloom....end of July. Am I
> wrong?

As a longterm resident of Japan I can assure you that this could well
have been taken on Sep. 24th. The rice in the background has already
been harvested, as it has in the paddies around my house, and I saw
the same flowers blooming in profusion on my early morning walks with
the dog. As we are a lot further south than Kaneko San, I would expect
things to be a little later in his area.

> The sun backlit butterfly is nicely imposed, but the shadow falls the
> wrong way, does it not?

I don't agree. The shadow of the petal to the right and of the
butterfly seem to me to be perfectly congruent.

Seeing Kaneko's undoubted expertise in his other panoramas I am quite
prepared to believe this is the genuine article and not a PhotoShop
creation.

Roger W.