Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2006-Oct-11 04:23:00
Subject:Re: Compositions and My Contribution

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Compositions and My Contribution Uri Cogan 2006-Oct-11 04:23:00
Roger D. Williams wrote:

> Seeing Kaneko's undoubted expertise in his other panoramas I am quite
> prepared to believe this is the genuine article and not a PhotoShop
> creation.
I think the distinction between a "photoshop creation" and the "genuine
article" is quite arbitrary. I can't recall any panorama that I ever did
that did not involve some work in Photoshop, besides, where would you
draw the line? I imagine the closest to the "genuine article" would be a
pinhole camera with no film in it; everything else is a manipulation of
one kind or another :-)

Yoshiyuki Kaneko describes in detail how he used Photoshop to compose his stunning "Lure Fishing" panorama, the description is here:

http://japanos.xii.jp/nikki/nikki_4/nikki_04.html

Other (wonderfully creative IMO) panoramas by him are at:

http://japanos.xii.jp/qtvr300/full_VR/fullVR_top.html?=top_fullVR.html#