Sender:Caroling Geary
Date/Time:2006-Oct-18 22:03:00
Subject:Re: How about... a more productive thread: WWP enhancements for 07?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: How about... a more productive thread: WWP enhancements for 07? Caroling Geary 2006-Oct-18 22:03:00
I hadn't thought about these things. But now that I am, I like
numbers 1 and 2. Comments follow below:

On Oct 18, 2006, at 4:35 PM, Roger Howard wrote:

>  ... I'm
> wondering what features (and this is totally unprompted, I have no
> idea
> whether our hosts are even interested in new features) may be
> missing in
> the WWP presentation.
>
> A few items that have repeatedly come to mind when exploring WWP:
>
> 1) A sense of communications through the addition of some form of
> comment
> or forums system on a per-pano (and maybe site-wide) basis. I'd
> love to be
> able to leave comments and have discussions about specific content
> there,
> and be able to communicate with other visitors - I'm certain the vast
> majority of the audience does not belong to this list

This would be great. I'd love to be able to comment and get comments.
The problem I see is for the moderator. It would have to be
constantly monitored to avoid hacking, spam, and other irrelevancies.

> 2) Some form of search - this seems a no-brainer. Navigation is
> great, but
> freeform search is obviously a well demonstrated/common feature of a
> content-rich site.

This would be nice indeed.

Caroling Geary, www.wholeo.net