Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2007-Apr-01 01:48:00
Subject:Re: Is this panorama interesting?

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Is this panorama interesting? Uri Cogan 2007-Apr-01 01:48:00
Jakob Norstedt-Moberg wrote:

> I am sorry I have to say it, but fake moons always irritate me. I like
> the idea of being able to trace the moment the image was taken from
> the position of the celestial objects in the image, but that is not
> possible if they are fakes.

An interesting point. We are not doing technical photo-documentation
here, so along with individual aesthetic preferences, there is the issue
of imagination and artistic license which in my opinion ought not to be
restricted in any way.

On another level, one may claim that all photographs are "fakes" - just
ask 100 photographers to shoot the same scene and you get 100 different
images, all modified by the camera, lens, lighting, timing, and
processing; so which one is "real" anyway?

Cheers, Uri