Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2007-Apr-19 15:41:00
Subject:Re: Nikon 10.5mm or Sigma 8mm

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Nikon 10.5mm or Sigma 8mm Uri Cogan 2007-Apr-19 15:41:00
Aykut Erdogdu wrote:

> I have got a Nikon D80 and now I would like to buy a new Nikon 10.5mm
> or Sigma 8mm. for my newly started panoramic photography studies.
> Would anyone help me in deciding which one to choose? Because I am in
> between these two models.

The Sigma 8mm is a full-spherical fisheye. so you would need only 4+2
shots for a full panorama. it's cheaper than the Nikon 10.5mm.  A good
lens lens, and well-made. but the optical quality, chromatic aberration
and flare are not quite as good as the Nikon lens.

The Nikon 10.5mm is a full-frame fisheye lens that covers 180 degrees on
the diagonal. You need to take 6+2 shots for a full panorama. Excellent
quality, but expensive.

I started with the Sigma and was quite happy with it, but later switched
to the Nikon and I'm even happier. Now I need to sell that Sigma...