Sender:yuval levy
Date/Time:2007-Jul-24 12:36:00
Subject:Re: fullscreen software

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: fullscreen software yuval levy 2007-Jul-24 12:36:00
--- pau <#removed#> wrote:
> Also there's another flash panorama, more fluid in
> my opinion and
> this option can "really" make fullscreen panoramas:
> http://flashpanoramas.com/player/
> Costs 40 ?.

yes, and they are extremely well spent! just make sure
to use "full windows" (i.e. the object/embed
width/height parameters) because the Flash native full
screen button does not work in Linux (for _all_ Flash
things - this is a Macromedia bug).

Flashpanorams.com is currently _the_ best flash viewer
from them all, but expect more competition in the next
12-18 months. It will be like Flash MP3 players - most
of them are free, only the very best can ask for
money.

There is trade-off between fluidity and quality. I use
the highest quality parameter to avoid the "snaking
lines" while panning, but this makes the panos jerky.
On PowerPC Macs <1.4GHz and on Intel computers <1GHz
useless.

Another option, absolutely recommended now that almost
every computer sold in the last three years has
accelerated video on board is SPi-V
<http://www.fieldofview.com/spv-dev/> IMO the most
fluid and spectacular of all VR technologies.

You can compare them side by side for my last WWP
entry: <http://www.photopla.net/070618assnat/> -
select the technology from the drop down menu. There
is an extra in Flashpanorama and in SPi-V that I have
not been able to achieve in QuickTime. I have not even
tried in Java.

I have stopped supporting DevalVR and PangeaVR for
lack of time but they are both excellent viewers.

I use Pano2QTVR for QuickTime output, but
functionality is limited by the lack of development of
QTVR within QuickTime.

Yuv