Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2007-Jul-24 13:26:00
Subject:Re: fullscreen software

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: fullscreen software Hans Nyberg 2007-Jul-24 13:26:00
On Jul 24, 2007, at 2:36 PM, yuval levy wrote:

> There is trade-off between fluidity and quality. I use
> the highest quality parameter to avoid the "snaking
> lines" while panning, but this makes the panos jerky.
> On PowerPC Macs <1.4GHz and on Intel computers <1GHz
> useless.

Not at all.
I have just made some tests on Gilles Vidal's  site were you find the
absolutely best and most professionally made  flash panoramas.
http://www.gillesvidal.com/

The first one is presented both in Quicktime and Flash. Two of the
flash are with videos inside.

The second is a very nice interface  with a tour of a nice house
which you can check wavy lines in.
I believe the settings for this tour is perfect with almost no
visible wavy lines . Only at the outmost corners you can see it on
the horisontal lines.

I just got my old Powerbook 17 G4 1ghz- 1 gb ram running again and
decided to check the performance.

The only problem I noticed was  that the audio on the ones with
videos did not work very good.
As soon as you started panning the audio  got terrible.

Panning  was not much different from the Quicktime version and just
slightly less fluent than on my MacBook Pro 17 and in my Windows XP
on the same.

Another thing is that you need to have some sniffer for telling
people that you need to update Flash.
I just got a black page first as my Powerbook was not updated  to
flash 9. Apparently this is not built into the embed of
flashpanoramas in the same way as it is with Quicktime.
Also my Windows flash needed update apparently to be able to see the
videos and there was no feedback on this at all.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
Panoramas.dk<http://www.panoramas.dk>  Features Fullscreen QTVR from
the best VR Photographers