Sender:Harald Walker
Date/Time:2004-Jul-08 07:24:00
Subject:Re: All of you are all too gracious

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: All of you are all too gracious Harald Walker 2004-Jul-08 07:24:00
Hello all,

Robert C. Fisher wrote:

> I think this would be a great idea, the main question is how to keep
> photographers interested in the project.

On a German Mac forum where I often see QTVR questions coming from
people who want to learn what it is and how it works. So while not all
photographers will participate every time, I am sure there will also be
a permanent flow of new participants. My announcement of the World Wide
Panorama has been viewed 63 times.

> Another question that comes to mind is why the Wrinkle concept
> disappeared after the first several and how can we build on that
> experience to make this into a more long term endeavor.

Maybe because it didn't happen often enough?! The 3 months distance
between the 4 shots are short enough to keep the interest and community
alive. If you do it just once a year, it takes much more effort to get
everyone involved again.

> I think if we can generate positive publicity to increase our stature
> as panographers and keep the art in front of more people then this will
> be very worthwhile to everyone and the art of QTVR/interactive
> photography.

Publicity still seems somewhat of a problem. Last time I had contacted
many (online) magazines in the Netherlands and Germany but only a few
published the news.

Have a nice day,

Harald
---