Sender:Roger D. Williams
Date/Time:2009-Aug-17 13:53:00
Subject:Re: Next event

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Next event Roger D. Williams 2009-Aug-17 13:53:00
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 20:40:17 +0900, Willy Kaemena <#removed#> wrote:

> My advice:
>
> never forget to switch OFF  data roaming when  crossing your home
> border !!!
>
> Settings/General/Network- Data Roaming OFF...   and  no surprised will
> happen. Use Wifi wherever you get a (free) access point abroad.

My Japanese iPhone (well, bought in Japan, anyway) has an explicit warning
in the Settings/General/Network - Data Roaming:

"Turn data roaming off when abroad to avoid substantial roaming charges
when using email, MMS, web browsing and other data services."

But I got caught with another line of fine print I, er, overlooked.

The flat-rate discounted contract I signed was subject to a three months
delay "during which normal charges will apply." THAT was expensive until
I found what was happening. I still get caught occasionally when my WiFi
link goes down without me noticing it.

Roger W.

--
Work: www.adex-japan.com