Sender:Larry
Date/Time:2009-Sep-24 15:38:00
Subject:Re: WWP entry done. Phew!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: WWP entry done. Phew! Larry 2009-Sep-24 15:38:00
I am so very impressed with the professional work I see submitted...  It can seem intimidating to an "amature"...
Keith... I would love to know how you are able to have your image(s) turn out so sharp & clear... and to not have "ghosting" in a room of "activity"...  and hand held ?!?! -amazing !.. & pints on top of that?.. wonderful work !! Congrats ..:o)
I've sat out the past themes & tried to explore & learn how to use my new investments in a lens & software.  I still feel "insecure" looking at my attempts compared to the "pros".
However since the start I've always felt comfortable with the encouragement from the "founding" members. Thanks for that...
So for this particular theme I got excited with an idea I had for interpreting Performing Art through VR.
It came about when I saw some of the work a talented artist & friend has created. For her 60th she set about "painting" her face... it reminded me of "masks" from other cultures... Africa.... or the Kabuki of traditional Japanese theater... for Kathy it was a release of emotion & a milestone of her life. She describes much better in her own words.
As I was viewing her "60 faces" I was inspired to see how her photos would be interpreted through cubic vr.
I am very pleased how my efforts turned out... a "virtual performing art gallery". A different intrpretation than a "physical" place. I hope it will be accepted and will be pleasing to others.
Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of the WWP
& congratulations to everyone for such wonderful. creative, professional, & technically intricate submissions.
Regards to all from the coast of Maine USA
-Larry