Sender:Uri Cogan
Date/Time:2010-Jan-10 17:40:00
Subject:Re: amazing weather photo - extremely off-topic reply

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: amazing weather photo - extremely off-topic reply Uri Cogan 2010-Jan-10 17:40:00
On 1/9/10 5:55 PM, Richard Chesher wrote:

> Is there some way to get an abridged summary of emails without having to
> fill up my inbox with this kind of stuff?

I believe it's possible to get the list messages in 'digest' form.

> I would really like to continue as a member of this yahoo group but not if
> everyone goes on and on about things that have nothing to do with the
> topic.

The number of off-topic messages in this group appears to me as
relatively very small. We are human beings, not robots (at least most of
us), so in my opinion a little bit of humour and some not-so-technical,
contextual stuff, etc. can only enhance our correspondence and improve
our relationships, professional or otherwise.

If the existence of such messages still distresses you, you could create
a filter for your Email client that will automatically delete any
incoming message with "[OT]" or the phrase "off topic" in the header.

--

             Uri Cogan
        http://www.uricogan.com

***   My Karma Ran Over My Dogma   ***