Sender:Keith Martin
Date/Time:2010-Jan-30 20:07:00
Subject:Re: VR Photography book - discount ending & thoughts on new iPad for VR

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: VR Photography book - discount ending & thoughts on new iPad for VR Keith Martin 2010-Jan-30 20:07:00
Sometime around 30/1/10 (at 13:47 -0500) #removed# said:

>Is there a way of organizing topics (as in magazines) where commercial
>advertisements could appear at the "end" of the message threads ....

Nope, I don't think so. This is a mailing list that posts messages as
they come in, and that's how digests are made too. The web view
simply reflects the mailing list traffic. We have to be self-policing
about what we post.

Speaking purely from a personal standpoint I'm not particularly
concerned about these posts, especially as the offer period is almost
done. I know writing a book is a huge effort, no matter how much you
love the subject. Scott has contributed to the PanotoolsNG and
QuickTime VR mailing lists over the years, and he's taken part in a
couple of WWP events. (More to come, eh Scott? ;-)

It is also worth a quick note that his publishing venture is done as
an independent - which means he won't have the benefit of a
publishing company's marketing and sales departments doing deals with
book stores, Amazon, etc.

But yes, it is important to be sensitive, and to stay the right side
of the list guidelines. The WWP list is meant to be more about WWP
topics in general than a free-form list like PanotoolsNG. Of course
we're all human; there's also a certain amount of general
pano-related conversation that goes on here from time to time.