Sender:Jim Watters
Date/Time:2004-Jul-03 18:14:00
Subject:Re: Fwd: Test, please!

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Fwd: Test, please! Jim Watters 2004-Jul-03 18:14:00
Currently PT understands 4 different output lenses or projections, 'p'
line options

# f0     projection format,
#            0 - Rectilinear (for printing and viewing)
#            1 - Cylindrical (for Printing and QTVR)
#            2 - Equirectangular ( for Spherical panos), default
#            3 - Full-frame fisheye

And 5 different input lesses or projections, 'i' line options

# f0     projection format,
#            0 - Rectilinear (normal lenses)
#            1 - Cylindrical (Panoramic, Scanning cameras like Noblex)
#            2 - Circular fisheye
#            3 - Full-frame fisheye
#            4 - Equirectangular, PSphere

PTGui is allowing for the future expansion of this list.  From menu
Tools|Options  Tab - Panorama Tools you can set the names of the lenses
used for input.

Only the most recent version of PT can retrieve the name associated with
the lens numbers.  I am sure it will be incorporated into PTGui very
soon so you no longer need to input the name yourself.  PTGui will
display what ever projections are available.

For example PT internally knows about convex Mirror projection, but it
is currently not possible to go to and from this projections from all
others.  It is available from the Remap plug-in.

 Jim Watters

 Graphic Software Developer
 http://members.rogers.com/jimwatters