Sender:Hans Nyberg
Date/Time:2004-Sep-25 10:47:00
Subject:Re: Fullscreen pages on Win

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Fullscreen pages on Win Hans Nyberg 2004-Sep-25 10:47:00
On Sep 25, 2004, at 12:06 AM, Sacha Griffin wrote:

> Placing scroll=no inside the body tag takes care of
>  it.

After doing some more tests about it I can see that the only browser
which does this is Explorer on both Win and Mac.
It seems that the simple html tag overrides the javascript which is
very different from how javascript. usually works.

Also the commands resizeable yes  and statusbar yes does not work for
Win Explorer.

Netscape at least on Mac places the last part of the page with the
statusbar below the window so you can not use it unless you
use the + button on the toolbar.

>  This is a known default ie behavior for full screen
>  windows. Personally, I like the full screen effect
>  over the panoramas.dk version. It's a bit more
>  fullscreen than something even fully maximized.
>  The only problem is that its not stretchable or able
>  to be put out of full-screen which isn't much of a
>  problem anyway..

Around 70% of the visitors at panoramas.dk arrives at a fullscreen
directly, so it would not work.
It is essential that people have the choice to use their method for
fullscreen as every browser is different.
Thats why I made the different options in the new design.
As you browse from fullscreen to fullscreen you should have the option
to use your toolbar and see the URL.
However I have left the autoresize function even if there are always
complaints about that from a certain type of public.

The funny thing is that this type of public is the one who needs it
most as without it they would look at the movie in proportions which
would be more like 4x3 instead of 3x4. I do not believe that they would
understand that they can change it just by resizing the page if they
get directly on to a fullscreen. QTVR is the only media you can do that
with. Images or video movies would be distorted but a QTVR movie just
changes the view.

Hans

Hans Nyberg
commercial photographer