Sender:Landis
Date/Time:2004-Oct-05 15:41:00
Subject:Re: Another GPS-driven world map

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Another GPS-driven world map Landis 2004-Oct-05 15:41:00
I like what Zoomifyer can do, but we really want to avoid having any
requirements for the viewer beyond the basic QuickTime.  That and
we'd like to keep it as something that can be automated from a
database.

JavaScript and CSS (Markus' solution) is pretty universal.  Java
performs differently on different machines (ie, not always very well
on a Mac) and I'd like to avoid it for this site.

Markus is working on a way to tile the map and I'm working on getting
coordinates correct.  Hopefully we'll have something going on the
site by the end of the week.

In the mean time Don is working on the front page and the press
release and we're just about ready to make the opening announcement
to the lists and everyone else (I think we can do this before the
maps are done).

-Landis