Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Oct-03 08:59:00
Subject:Re: Image width / 96 and height

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Image width / 96 and height Erik Krause 2005-Oct-03 08:59:00
Am Sunday, October 02, 2005 um 3:44 schrieb thinnairstudios:

> According to this table
> http://www.acapixus.dk/photography/angle_of_view_15_crop.htm

They write: "The exact AOV of the Nikkor 10.5 is also unknown, but
for now a value of 180 degrees has been used for the calcolations"
Not very reliable. They should have inform themselves first...

> The 10.5mm has a horizontal angle of view of 142 deg and a verticle
> angle of view of 99 deg. That is at a 1.5x format.

Panotools optimizer optimizes FoV for Nikkor 10.5 images in portrait
to 87? (landscape to 131?) for a full 360? shot.

> I am shooting with the Nikon D70s.

The D70 sensor is actually 15.7mm. If you consider the formulas on
http://wiki.panotools.org/Fisheye_Projection (originally
posted by Helmut Dersch) this is pretty near to the theoretical
value: asin(R/2*f) gives 21.95? for theta/2 which is a FoV of 87.8?

> The largest image I can shoot without going to raw is 3008x2000. So in
> verticle orientation (portrait)that means I have an image 2000 wide
> with an angle of view of 99 deg horizontal and 3008 high with an angle
> of view of 142 verticle.

Really? What does your stitcher say?

best regards
--