Sender:thinnairstudios
Date/Time:2005-Oct-02 03:44:00
Subject:Re: Image width / 96 and height

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Image width / 96 and height thinnairstudios 2005-Oct-02 03:44:00
High Eric,

According to this table
http://www.acapixus.dk/photography/angle_of_view_15_crop.htm

The 10.5mm has a horizontal angle of view of 142 deg and a verticle
angle of view of 99 deg. That is at a 1.5x format.

I am shooting with the Nikon D70s.
The largest image I can shoot without going to raw is 3008x2000. So in
verticle orientation (portrait)that means I have an image 2000 wide
with an angle of view of 99 deg horizontal and 3008 high with an angle
of view of 142 verticle.

According to :
http://www.worldserver.com/turk/quicktimevr/panores.html
Using the "resolution of a fisheye lens" calculator. This lens is
uncorrected so we use this one.

I have a angular resolution of 20.2 with an image 2000 wide and a
angular field of view of 99 deg.

If I missed something please correct me.

BTW, your tutorial pages are very helpful. I have used your PS plug in
with great success. When I first started learning about HDR your site
was recommended and I learned a lot. Thanks.

Troy Ward