Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2005-Oct-03 18:42:00
Subject:Re: Image width / 96 and height

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: Image width / 96 and height Erik Krause 2005-Oct-03 18:42:00
Am Monday, October 03, 2005 um 17:11 schrieb thinnairstudios:

> However, I have been learning quite a bit in the last week and will
> begin to try and use panotools.

Your'e welcome :-) Start with PTGui, version 5 is really good...

Start at http://wiki.panotools.org and http://ptfaq.org

> What do you mean "what does your stitcher say"???

I supposed your stitcher (panoweaver in this case) would inform you
about the used field of view. But it could well be you have to input
focal length and camera type only and it calculates it internally...

> I have searched to find some official Nikon info on FOV and such but
> can't find anything "official"

They say "equivalent to a 16mm fisheye on 35mm film"...

> Any other help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

A good paper about fisheyes (besides the short Dersch info) is from
coastal optics, a producer of high end (priced :-) fisheyes:
http://www.coastalopt.com/pdfs/FisheyeComparison_SPIE.pdf

best regards
--
Erik Krause