Sender:Robert C. Fisher
Date/Time:2006-Jun-15 21:25:00
Subject:Re: My garden site

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: My garden site Robert C. Fisher 2006-Jun-15 21:25:00
On Jun 15, 2006, at 2:07 PM, Roger Howard wrote:

> Well, yes and no. I was there for several hours last night - the
> garden is at the moment fenced and withering in the hot sun. Lawyers
> are arriving today to escort farmers to retrieve personal belongings,
> etc, as necessary. There is another legal challenge, but I believe
> the hearing is a month off and there's (to my knowledge) no
> injunction preventing the developer from flattening the whole site
> before then. The mayor has been supportive (more so than we usually
> expect from politicians) and has in fact offered the entire
> $16million asking price, which the developer is now rejecting as too
> little, too late.

Yes he could have stepped up sooner but he was too busy giving away
millions to rich NFL owners to lure a new football team here.

> Anyway, I did shoot a few dozen panos last night, including a bunch
> over the fences with my monopod. I'll be revisiting every few days
> until the WWP event, and still hope to make it my subject for WWP.
> It's an amazing site - 14 acres of beautiful gardens smack dab in the
> middle of LA ghetto and trucking/rail yards. Driving in to the area
> it smells of diesel and smog and the usual urban effluence, but once
> you get to the site it's green and fresh (at least on that side of
> the street!).
Can't wait to see them, I have been busy lately and couldn't go down
there to check it out and shoot some panos myself. I had planed an
also shooting panos there for the WWP event, damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> I'm upgrading my stitching machine at the moment but I hope to have
> some first peeks at the panos from last night by later this afternoon.
>
> PS, the action continues - while last night was largely a funeral
> event, it's not gone yet.
I just hope there is a way to save it, have the city condemn it again
and give the greedy XXXXX his 5.5 mil back.

> PPS, the beautiful Daryl Hannah was there, no doubt stands out in at
> least some of my panos though I didn't want to make her a prominent
> feature of them (since by and large the members of the farm/gardens
> are NOT 6 foot tall blonde goddesses).

How else do poor people get attention? No one will pay attention
unless a celebrity takes up the cause. Does this sound too cynical?

Cheers
Robert C. Fisher
QTVR Photography/Cinematography
www.rcfisher.com