Sender:Robert Bilsland
Date/Time:2006-Jul-13 13:18:00
Subject:Re: badge for participants

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: badge for participants Robert Bilsland 2006-Jul-13 13:18:00
Pat,

There is a few ways that the antialisasing around the outside of the
image could be delt with. Some sites supply images on different
background colours, maybe a white, black and 50% grey. This would give
you a choice to pick the best from for your site. Images could also be
supplied in PNG format. This format allows for an alpha channel and so
antialisasing, unfortunately this format is not supported by everyone
so could cause problems. Also with a PNG format image we could run it
through a paint package and add our own background colour to it before
saving it as a GIF. A final option could be to supply the image in
Photoshop format and as we did previously add our own background
colour before saving it again.

Just a few options,

Bob Bilsland
http://www.panoramasunlimited.com