Sender:Erik Krause
Date/Time:2006-Jul-14 12:08:00
Subject:Re: badge for participants

wwp@yahoogroups.com: Re: badge for participants Erik Krause 2006-Jul-14 12:08:00
Am Thursday, July 13, 2006 um 4:59 schrieb Pat Swovelin:

> When using a GIF with a transparent BG you need to know the color of the
> page/element it's going to lay over or you will have fringing around the
> edge of the transparent area or a jagged transition area (if you don't
> use a matte color).  For it to blend in correctly you need to use the
> correct matte color in the GIF.

You can use a PNG where there are semi-transparent areas possible.

I always used the supplied badges (the only blue-white one) from
http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/wwp/link_kit.html.en and adjusted the
RGB output levels in photoshop in order to meet my page background.
This won't work for the ones with multiple colors, at least not
without some masking.

best regards
--
Erik Krause